The FAQ pages can be out of date, use Wiki pages instead: https://wiki.sparkylinux.org/doku.php
I. SparkyLinux Live
1. How to burn SparkyLinux ISO image?
– on Linux host
– on MS Windows host
2. How to make SparkyLinux bootable USB key?
– on SparkyLinux host
– on any Linux, Mac OSX or MS Windows host
3. How to run SparkyLinux on “old” computers without a DVD drive
4. Live users and passwords
Live system missing permission – fixed
1. How to install SparkyLinux on hard drive?
2. How to make full installation of SparkyLinux on USB stick?
III. Packages management
1. How to add Sparky repository?
2. How to upgrade all packages?
3. How to install new packages?
4. How to install the newest linux kernel?
5. How to remove a package?
6. How to Sparky APTus
7. How to install Sparky APTus on Debian and Ubuntu
8. How to find restricted packages
9. Sparky rebranding
1. Users and groups management
2. How to change weather location – Ultra Edition
Sound problem – Ultra Edition – fixed
4. How to SparkyLinux CLI
5. How To SparkyLinux CLI 3.4 and above
Theme changing problem – fixed
7. LXDE + systemd
8. MATE 1.6 -> 1.8, Switch Mate repository from Mate to Debian
9. Sparky & systemd
10. How to: Set monitor resolution
11. How to: Upgrade Sparky E17 to E18
12. HowTo: Install JDownloader and synchronize it with Iceweasel
13. HowTo: LightScribe technology on Sparky host
V. System requirements
1. What is the minimum system requirements to run SparkyLinux?
VI. Custom ISO Builder
1. Rebuilding an iso image
2. Building new iso image
55 thoughts on “FAQ”
I have tried to run Sparky linux banzai but it will not accept live as username and password.
Super distribution débian 8 jessie , bravo et merci .
use google it is your friend
I’m spoiled. I don’t like the installer in Sparky.
Successful registration, but nonactive. I can’t write in forum.
I have tried 3 times to install the latest SparkyLinux 3.0 Ultra Edition i486 Openbox / JWM.
Unfortunately the system in German language can not be changed.
During setup, I have all the German locale and just set either in German with Euro en_US.UTF-8, UTF-8 de_DE ISO-8859-1 de_DE @ euro ISO-8859-15 and the keyboard language.
Unfortunately, in all settings remain the system language is English.
If I enter as root “export LC_ALL = UTF-8 de_DE ISO-8859-1” in the console, the language to change for a brief second in German.
Another error is the file manager PCManFM binds/mount with me no USB Stick/USB HDD.
Added to this is the same error after updating the operating system with Openbox -> Applications such as the post before from July 21st, 2013 at 17:30
Has a particular reason why do you use a python script for the application part in Openbox instead of use menu id = Programm label = Programm <menu id = "program" label = program" implementation.
Best regards from Germany
Check /etc/default/grub file and its line: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=”lang=de” If there is “en” change it for “de” and run “update-grub”. Run SparkyCenter-System-Language, unmark all locales and leave “de” only marked. Let me know is any change.
I want to thank you for the work on the low resource distrubution SparkyLinux 2.1.1 “Eris” Ultra Edition i386. Everything works fine so far on my laptop.
I hope in the future to further updates with Openbox and Tint2
the error in the menu.xml file, i was able to solve that problem was a blank line itself. Nevertheless, thanks for your support.
Post your menu.xml file on our forum, so I’ll check it:
it may be possible in Tint2 panel application launcher like Chromium, pcmanfm, terminal, etc. if, instead of using the Wbar for applications start.