Special editions of Sparky 2020.08 GameOver, Multimedia & Rescue released.
It is based on the Debian testing “Bullseye”.
• packages updated from Debian testing repos as of August 24, 2020
• Linux kernel 5.7.10 (5.8.3 & 5.9-rc2 in Sparky unstable repos)
• added Memory Test and Hardware Detection to the live config
• installed qt5ct + added qt5ct config to Openbox & Xfce desktops
• GCC 9 removed; the default compiler is GCC 10 now
• Xfce 4.14
• Firefox 79.0
• LibreOffice 7.0.1~rc1
• VLC 3.0.11
• Calamares 3.2.24
• removed packages from GameOver iso: balder2d, crrcsim, flare, frozen-bubble
• added new packages to GameOver iso: gamemode
• small improvements
System reinstallation is not required, make full system upgrade via Sparky Upgrade gui or a text based tool:
or via apt:
sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
New iso images of the special editions can be downloaded from the download/rolling page.