The 5th update of Sparky 6 – 6.5 is out.
It is a quarterly updated point release of Sparky 6 “Po Tolo” of the stable line. Sparky 6 is based on and fully compatible with Debian 11 “Bullseye”.
– system upgraded from Debian & Sparky stable repos as of November 13, 2022
– PC: Linux kernel 5.10.149 (6.0.6, 5.15.78-ESR and 4.9.333-ESR49 can be installed from Sparky unstable repos)
– ARM: Linux kernel 5.15.76-v7+
– Firefox 22.214.171.124esr (107.0 Mozilla build can be installed from Sparky repos as the ‘firefox-sparky’ package)
– Thunderbird 102.4.0
– LibreOffice 7.0.4
– LXQt 0.16.0
– Xfce 4.16
– Openbox 3.6.1
– KDE Plasma 5.20.5
– small improvements
System reinstallation is not required; if you have Sparky 6.x installed, simply make full system upgrade:
sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade
or via the System Upgrade tool.
Sparky 6 is available in the following flavours:
– amd64: LXQt, KDE Plasma, Xfce, MinimalGUI (Openbox) & MinimalCLI (text mode)
– i686: LXQt, MinimalGUI (Openbox) & MinimalCLI (text mode)
– armhf: Openbox & CLI (text mode)
PC user:password – live:live
ARM user:password – pi:sparky
New live/install media of the stable line can be downloaded from the download/stable page.
Informacja o wydaniu w języku polskim: https://linuxiarze.pl/sparky-6-5/