Last Updated on: 18th November 2016, 01:38 am
4 sparky 4.3 teraz
New, updated iso images of SparkyLinux 4.3 “Tyche” are available now.
As before, Sparky “Home” editions provide fully featured operating system based on the Debian ‘testing’, with desktops of your choice: LXDE, LXQt, KDE, MATE and Xfce.
Changes between version 4.2 and 4.3:
– full system upgrade as of April 24, 2016
– Linux kernel 4.5.1
– Iceweasel web browser replaced by Firefox
– Turpial microblogging client replaced by Corebird
– APTus 0.3.x with an option of installation a set of pre-configured desktops: https://sparkylinux.org/aptus-0-3-0/
– Ceni network manager changed by Network Manager in the CLI edition; the manual network configuration can be done via the ‘nmtui’ command
– openjdk and icedtea-plugin updated to version 8.x
– LibreOffice 5.1.2
– gstreamer0.10 completely removed, the system uses only gstreamer1.0 now
– Exaile audio player (based on gstreamer0.10) replaced by Audacious
– Gnome-Screenshot changed by Gscreenshot
– all the iso images are signed with the GPG key, check how to verify Sparky images:
“Base Openbox” and “CLI” editions changed their names to: MinimalGUI and MinimalCLI. They feature upgraded Sparky Advanced Installer, which lets you install the base system with a minimal set of applications and a desktop of your choice, such as:
– GNOME Flashback
– GNOME Shell
– KDE Plasma 5
– Window Maker
Find screenshots of all available Sparky desktops at:
The installation of a desktop of your choice via the Advanced Installer is possible only if your network connection is on (online installation). Otherwise, the Advanced Installer installs the Live system as it is.
* Make sure that the Sparky Advanced Installer lets you install a desktop of your choice using the MinimaGUI or MinimalCLI iso images only. Using the Advanced Installer in the Home editions will install the Live system as it is.
ISO images of SparkyLinux can be downloaded from the download page:
* The Pantheon desktop needs to be chosen in the LightDM window instead of the default session at first login.