A quarterly update of live/install media of Sparky 5.10 “Nibiru” of the stable line is out. This release is based on Debian 10 “Buster”.
– the base system has been upgraded from Debian stable repos as of January 10, 2020
– Linux kernel 4.19.67-2+deb10u1 LTS (PC)
– Linux kernel 4.19.75-v7+ (ARMHF)
– Chromium web browser changed to Firefox-ESR (ARMHF)
– small bug fixes and small improvements
System reinstallation is not required; if you have Sparky 5.9 installed make full system upgrade:
sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
or via the System Upgrade tool.
Sparky 5 is available in the following flavors:
– amd64 & i686: LXQt, Xfce, MinimalGUI (Openbox) & MinimalCLI (text mode)
– armhf: Openbox & CLI (text mode)
New iso/img images of the stable line can be downloaded from the download/stable page.