Last Updated on: 28th April 2022, 12:55 pm
There is the first image of Sparky 4-dev20171023 ARMHF available for testing.
The new image is created for a single board mini computer RaspberryPi.
The Raspberry Pi is a series of small single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and in developing countries. The original model became far more popular than anticipated, selling outside of its target market for uses such as robotics…
It uses the RaspberryPi scripts and packages, and is based on Debian stable branch.
Sparky ARMHF is available as an “img” image in two flavors :
– “Lite” – a text based OS only, so you can configure the system in your way
– graphical version with Openbox window manager and a few pre-installed applications
Both have pre-configured Sparky’s repositories, so you can install some Sparky tools.
– user: ‘pi’, password: ‘sparky’
– root password: ‘toor’
– sudo is enabled as default
– lightdm manager is configured to let you automatically log in
– en_US locale and keyboard as default
Zipped images of Sparky ARMHF can be downloaded from the development page.
More info on the Wiki page: wiki.sparkylinux.org/doku.php/sparky_arm
Suggestions and issues can be reported on our forums, please.