The August snapshot of Sparky 2020.08 of the (semi-)rolling line is out.
It is based on the Debian testing “Bullseye”.
• packages updated from Debian testing repos as of August 14, 2020
• Linux kernel 5.7.10 (5.8.1 & 5.9-rc1 in Sparky unstable repos)
• added Memory Test and Hardware Detection to the live config
• installed qt5ct + added qt5ct config to non Qt based desktops: Openbox, MATE & Xfce
• GCC 9 removed; the default compiler is GCC 10 now
• LXQt 0.14.1
• MATE 1.24.1
• Xfce 4.14
• Firefox 79.0
• Thunderbird 68.11.0
• LibreOffice 7.0.0-rc2 (7.0.1~rc1 in Debian testing repos now)
• VLC 3.0.11
• Calamares 3.2.24
• small improvements
System re-installation is not required, make full system upgrade via Sparky Upgrade gui or a text based tool:
or via apt:
sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
New rolling iso images can be downloaded from the download/rolling page.