Special editions of Sparky 2020.05 GameOver, Multimedia & Rescue released.
It is based on the Debian testing “Bullseye”.
• upgrade from Debian testing repos as of May 11, 2020
• Linux kernel 5.6.7 (5.6.12 & 5.7-rc5 in Sparky unstable repos)
• Calamares 3.2.23
• added additional support of Sparky installation on UEFI machines with Secure Boot: the live system should be launched with Secure Boot off as before; but after installation the Secure Boot can be turned on; both installers: Calamares and Sparky’s Advanced provides support of such installation
• disabled package list updating, during installing Sparky via Calamares; even you install Sparky with active Internet connection, the Debian or Sparky server can be temporary off, so it could stop the installation
• added new packages to all iso images: ‘pulseaudio-module-bluetooth’ and ‘fuse3’ insead of ‘fuse’; thanks to Richard
• replaced ‘ktsuss’ by ‘sparky-su’ which is used by ‘sparky-aptus-upgrade-checker’ link
• Multimedia edition – removed packages: idjc, radiotray, camorama, hydrogen, phatch, ffado-mixer-qt4, flowblade, gscreenshot
• Rescue edition – removed packages: redobackup, gscreenshot; edded packages: xfce4-screenshooter
• GameOver edition – removed packages: holdingnuts
System reinstallation is not required, make full system upgrade via Sparky Upgrade gui or a text based tool:
or via apt:
sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
New special edition iso images can be downloaded from the download/rolling page.