SparkyLinux 3.6-dev2 is the second testing release of out spin with LXQt.
– KWin window manager instead of Openbox
– basic visual effect enabled as default
– access to KWin Settings via a menu entry (sparky-kwin package)
– VLC preinstalled (as KWin dependency) + VLC plugin for Iceweasel
– Flash plugin added (as an option)
This release has been published to let you test it and compare to the dev1 iso (shipped with Openbox).
It works out of the box (not with all graphic cards), what you have to do is switching to OpenGL via the KWin Settings.
As some of our community members suggested, KWin could be the second available (to choose) out of the box window manager preinstalled, together with Openbox in the next Sparky main release.
The system consumes after hard drive installation (with basic effects enabled only):
– 32 bit – 160 MB of RAM
– 64 bit – 250 MB of RAM
I made a short video which captured 3 visual effects running in Live system.
Sparky testing iso images of:
– 3.6-dev1 LXQt spin with Openbox
– 3.6-dev2 LXQt spin with KWin
can be downloaded from our download page
Enjoy testing and share your opinion with us, please.