Last Updated on: 18th November 2016, 02:42 pm
Sparky Backup System tool has been updated up to version 20150119.
It lets you rebuild your present installation of Sparky and make a backup/remix which can be installed on a different partition/disk/machine.
– added support for EFI – lets you build new remix which can be working on machines with BIOS or EFI motherboard
– added support for lxqt, gnome and cinnamon desktops (settings auto copy)
– added option to auto create a package-list.txt file
– sparkylinux-installer (old) – fixed minnor problem with formatting partitions
– many small improvements and bug fixing
This tool can be used with Yad based GUI or via command line:
sudo sparkybackup /option/
It provides support for auto copy settings of the following desktops/window managers:
I haven’t built a new remix on a machine with EFI motherboard, so if you can just do it and let me know about the results.
If you find any problem, bug, etc. or have a suggestion simply let us know about that on our forums.
Installing/upgrading the present version of the ‘sparky-backup-sys-20150119’ can remove ‘systemd-sysv’ package.
Install it back before rebooting your system.
Without that you will probably not be able to boot the system.