Last Updated on: 18th November 2016, 09:32 pm
The final version of SparkyLinux 2.0 “Eris” e17/LXDE just arrived.
The system has been completely built on Debian testing “Wheezy”.
The default desktop is as usually Enlightenment, but there is (at the same media) LXDE desktop as well. It has been added for these users witch are not happy with e17.
Both system’s desktops are light and fast, perfect works on new and old machines.
I’d like to add that SparkyLinux 1.0 “Venus” based on Debian “Squeeze” is not under development any more.
All my attention I paid (and i will do later) to SparkyLinux compatible with Debian testing.
It will help to keep SparkyLinux as rolling release so it will not be needed to reinstall SparkyLinux to newer version releases as new iso media in the future.
All known bugs has been fixed.
I have been made a few additional changes:
– parcellite and qt4-qtconfig added
– a view of all app’s windows are now the same (e17, gtk i qt)
– fonts hinting changed for “medium” (LXDE desktop)
– all packages have been upgraded
Live system starts with LXDE desktop first.
To change it for Enlightenment simply log out and log in back :
Root password is empty.
Hardware requirements for SparkyLinux 2.x :
– CPU 32 bit i386 (or newer)
– CPU 64 bit x86_64
– RAM memory 256MB (minimum) + 512MB SWAP
– RAM 512MB (recommended) or bigger + 512-1024 SWAP
– DVD drive or Flash Disk USB
– screen resolution 800×600 minimum
– for hard drive installation 5GB of disk space (minimum) – 10GB recommended
ISO images of SparkyLinux 32 and 64 bit are ready for download from our download page.
Thank’s for suggestions, advices and testing for Albedo 0.64, AlbatroZ and MoroS.
Informacja o wydaniu w języku polskim -> https://linuxiarze.pl/sparkylinux-2-0-eris/