There are new live/install media of Sparky 2019.11 “Po Tolo” available to download, which is based on the testing branch of Debian “Bullseye”.
• system upgraded from Debian testing “Bullseye” repos as of November 2, 2019
• Calamares installer 3.2.16 + kpmcore 4
• Linux kernel 5.2.17 as default (5.3.8 & 5.4-rc5 in Sparky unstable repos)
• obmenu-generator removed from Openbox edition (due to Perl updated up to 5.30 and libgtk2-perl removed); it has been replaced by sparky-obmenu (+obmenu)
• added Sid repos back (not active) – use it on your own risk
• Yad updated up to 5.0, but it is available from Sparky unstable repos now
No reinstallation is required if you have Sparky 2019.xx (of the line 6) installed, simply make full system upgrade.
New rolling iso images can be downloaded from the download/rolling page.
Known issues (encryption mode only):
• I performed a few tests with different partition combinations with the Calamares installer on an encrypted device – it works if I don’t use swap partition (automated partitioning on virtual machine tested only)