There are new live/install media of Sparky 2019.09 “Po Tolo” available to download. This is the 2nd snapshot of the (semi-)rolling line, which is based on the testing branch of Debian “Bullseye”.
• system upgraded from Debian testing “Bullseye” repos as of September 1, 2019
• fixed issue in Advanced Installer which did not set home partition on non-root partition with no-formatting option (thank’s lami07)
• Firefox-ESR replaced with Firefox Latest
• GCC 9 is the default compiler now, GCC 8 removed
• Calamares installer 3.2.13
• Linux kernel 5.2.9 (5.2.11 & 5.3-rc6 available in Sparky unstable repos)
• Xfce 4.14
• LXQt 0.14.1
• Openbox 3.6.1-8
No reinstallation is required if you have Sparky 2019.08 (of the line 6) installed, simply make full system upgrade.
New rolling iso images can be downloaded from the download/rolling page.
– upgrading Xfce desktop to the latest version 4.14 lost some desktop settings (wallpaper) so set it back after rebooting.