SparkyLinux 3.6 “GameOver” is out.
“GameOver” is a special edition of Sparky targeted to gamers. It has been built on the top of the SparkyLinux 3.6 “Annagerman” and it’s fully compatible with Debian “testing” Jessie.
What is under the hood of GameOver 3.6 ?
– Linux kernel 3.16.0-4 (3.16.7-ckt2-1)
– all packages upgraded from Debian testing repositories as of 2014/12/31
– lxde-common 0.99.0-1
– openbox 3.5.2-8
– PCManFM 1.2.3-1
– Iceweasel 34.0-1
– vlc 2.2.0-rc2
– steam & steam-launcher 22.214.171.124
– desura for linux
– wine & playonlinux
– grub 2.02~beta2-19
Liquorix repository is enabled as default. It lets you upgrade the Linux kernel up to version 3.18 and Wine up to version 1.7 after installation Sparky on a hard drive
– Sparky APTus Gamer – a small tool which lets you install all available system’s and machine’s game emulators. Most of them is located in Debian repos, and a few in Sparky repo as well
– Desura Installer – lets you install Desura client for Linux via one click
– EPSXE – (enhanced PSX emulator) is a PlayStation video game console emulator
– Kega Fusion – (also known simply as Fusion) is a Sega Mega Drive/Genesis emulator by Steve Snake and the third and final emulator of the Kega-series
– PPSSPP – is an open source PSP emulator available for Windows, MacOS, Linux and Android
A set of emulators of old machines and systems available via the package manager and Sparky APTus Gamer: AdvenceMENU, Atari800, DeSmuME, Desura Installer, DOSBox, DOSEMU, ePSXe, FCEUX, FS-UAE, GNOME Video Arcade, Hatari, Higan, Hega Fusion, MAME, Mednafen, MESS, Nestopia, PCSX, PlayOnLinux, PPSSPP, Steam, Stella, VisualBoyAdvance, Virtual Jaguar, Wine, Winetricks, Yabause, ZSNES.
A set of preinstalled games : 0ad, 3dchess, airstrike, alienblaster, amphetamine, antigravitaattori, armagetronad, asciijump, asylum, atomix, balder2d, barrage, berusky, billard-gl, biniax2, black-box, blobby, bloaboats, blockout2, brainparty, btanks, bygfoot, chromium-bsu, einstein, extremetuxracer, five-or-more, flare, four-in-a-row, freecraft, freedroid, frozen-bubble, funnyboat, gnome-chess, gnome-hearts, gnome-klotski, gnome-mahjongg, gnome-mastermind, gnome-mines, gnome-nibbles, gnome-robots, gome-sudoku, gnome-tetravex, gnubik, gnuchess, gnugo, gtkatlantic, gtkpool, gunroar, holdingnuts, iango, lbreakout2, lightsoff, liquidwar, ltris, maelstorm, megaglest, minetest, mokomaze, monopd, monsterz, moon-buggy, moon-lander, netmaze, netpanzer, neverball, neverputt, openarena, pacman, performous, pingus, quadrapassel, scorched3d, slimevolley, smc, snake4, snowballz, supertux, supertuxkart, swell-foop, tali, teeworlds, tennix, tetzle, tomatoes, transcend, warzone2100, wesnoth, widelands, xblast, xmoto, zaz
For some reasons I had to remove all previously preinstalled game emulators.
Adding the new tool Sparky APTus Gamer should help you installing any emulator.
Live system user is: live
Root password is blank.
Minimum system requirements for SparkyLinux “GameOver” :
– CPU i586 / amd64
– 256 MB of RAM memory (some games need more than that – 500-1000MB recommended)
– an optical DVD drive or 4GB USB stick for Live medium
– 20 GB of space for installation on a hard drive (30GB recommended)
– 16 GB of Flash/Pen USB drive for “normal” installation (32GB recommended)
In a case of any problem with the live installer, you can try to use the older one as well (BIOS machines only):
sudo sparkylinux-installer gui
New iso images of SparkyLinux you can grab from our download page
Informacja o wydaniu w języku polskim: http://linuxiarze.pl/sparkylinux-3-6-gameover