Last Updated on: 12th December 2016, 11:33 pm
SparkyLinux special editions: GameOver, Rescue and Multimedia have been upgraded up to version 4.5. This release is based on SparkyLinux 4.5 and is fully compatible with Debian testing “Stretch”.
“GameOver” Edition features LXDE desktop, a very large number of preinstalled games and useful tools. It’s targeted to gamers.
SparkyLinux “Rescue” Edition is an operating system which works in live DVD/USB mode only. The Live system contains a large set of tools for scanning and fixing files, partitions and operating systems installed on hard drives.
SparkyLinux “Multimedia” Edition features a large set of tools for creating and editing graphics, audio, video and HTML pages.
Changes in all the editions:
– full system upgrade as of December 12, 2016
– Linux kernel 4.8.7
– the last update of ‘xserver-xorg-*’ packages fixed an issue around VirtualBox
– removed packages: virtualbox-guest-*
– added support for ‘exfat’ file system
– added packages: flowblade, pencil2d, tupi, fotoxx, opentoonz, lightzone, winetricks
– removed packages: krita, karbon
– Netsurf web browser replaced by Midori – it does not work well with the https protocol
– fixed an issue with the ‘sparky-chrooter’ tool which doesn’t let to make connection with the internet inside the chrooted environment
– added package: winetricks
– Multimedia Edition 32 bit: if the ‘live-installer’ close down itself, before finishing the installation process (installation with locales different than US English) – re-run the live system and run the installer again, from the command line:
or use the Advanced Installer.
Probably, they are the last iso images with ‘live-installer’ pre-installed; the next ones should use Calamares instead.
ISO images of SparkyLinux can be downloaded from the download page