Last Updated on: 29th April 2022, 05:08 pm
SparkyLinux 3.2 “GameOver” is out.
It has been built on the top of SparkyLinux 3.2 “Annagerman” and it’s fully compatible with Debian “testing” Jessie. SparkyLinux “GameOver” is a special edition of our distro targeted to game players.
“GameOver” 3.2 offers :
– access to games compiled for Linux platform
– access to “popular” and “modern” games via Steam and Desura platforms
– access to many games created for MS Windows platform via Wine and PlayOnLinux
– New! – access to “old” games created for machines and systems (discontinued) via emulators
What’s under the hood of GameOver 3.2:
– Linux kernel 3.11-2 (3.11.10-1)
– all packages upgraded from Debian testing repositories as of 2013/12/22
– LXDE 0.5.5-6, Openbox 3.5.2-5, PCManFM 1.1.2-1 and a few important applications
– support for installation 32 bit applications on 64 bit system
– added new packages: sparky-autostart, sparky-conkeyset, sparky-conky, sparky-fonset, sparky-keyboard, sparky-locales, sparky-passwdchange, sparky-timedateset, sparky-tray, sparky-users, sparky-xdf
– 3th party applications: Steam, Desura & Dropbox clients
– Wine 1.4.1-4 & PlayOnLinux 4.2.1-1
– set of old machines and systems emulators:
* DeSmuME – emulator for Nintendo DS games
* DOSBox – DOS system emulator
* MAME – arcade games emulator + GUI front-end GNOME Video Arcade
* NEStopia – Nintendo Entertainment System emulator
* PCSX-Reloaded – Sony PlayStation emulator
* Stella – Atari 2600 emulator
* Visual Boy Advance – Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Color emulator
* Yabause – Sega Saturn emulator
* ZSNES – emulator of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System
– set of 96 preinstalled games: 0ad, 3dchess, airstrike, alienblaster, amphetamine, antigravitaattori, armagetronad, asciijump, asylum, atomix, balder2d, barrage, berusky, billard-gl, biniax2, black-box, blobandconquer, blobby, bloaboats, blockout2, brainparty, brutalchess, btanks, bygfoot, chromium-bsu, einstein, extremetuxracer, five-or-more, flare, foobillardplus, four-in-a-row, freecraft, freedroid, frozen-bubble, funnyboat, gnome-chess, gnome-hearts, gnome-klotski, gnome-mahjongg, gnome-mastermind, gnome-mines, gnome-nibbles, gnome-robots, gome-sudoku, gnome-tetravex, gnubik, gnuchess, gnugo, gtkatlantic, gtkpool, gunroar, holdingnuts, iango, lbreakout2, lightsoff, liquidwar, ltris, maelstorm, megaglest, minetest, mokomaze, monopd, monsterz, moon-buggy, moon-lander, netmaze, netpanzer, neverball, neverputt, openarena, pacman, performous, pingus, quadrapassel, scorched3d, slimevolley, smc, snake4, snowballz, supertux, supertuxkart, swell-foop, tali, teeworlds, tennix, tetzle, tomatoes, torcs, transcend, trigger-rally, warzone2100, wesnoth, widelands, xblast, xmoto, zaz
Stronger ‘xz’ compression lets me shrink the iso image and put more stuff on it.
SparkyLinux 3.2 “GameOver” is available now for 32 and 64 bit machines.
Live system user is: live
Root password is blank.
Sudo is active as default after installation.
Minimum system requirements for SparkyLinux 3.2 “GameOver” :
– CPU i486 / amd64
– 256 MB of RAM memory (some games need more than that – 500MB is better choice)
– an optical DVD drive or 4GB USB stick for Live medium
– 20 GB of space for installation on a hard drive
– 16 GB of Flash/Pen USB drive for “normal” installation (32GB recommended)
Have a nice fun and Happy New Year
Aneta & Paweł
Informacja o wydaniu w języku polskim -> https://linuxiarze.pl/sparkylinux-3-2-gameover/