Last Updated on: 29th April 2022, 07:27 pm
Informacja o wydaniu w języku polskim -> https://linuxiarze.pl/sparkylinux-2-0-beta1/
After two weeks of hard work SparkyLinux 2.0 beta1 code name “Eris” is ready for public testing. The system has been build on Debian testing “Wheezy” packages.
2.0 release provides some changes:
– only one DVD version (previously FullDVD) featuring selected set of applications, multimedia codecs and plugins, Flash, Java, etc.
– only one language version (Live) – English – but you can install the system with your localization
– two separated ISO images for 32 and 64 bit machines
Live system starts with LXDE desktop as default.
To change LXDE for Enlightenment log out and log in back:
Root password is blank.
SparkyLinux 2.0 beta1 runs on Linux kernel 3.2 and has:
– e17 0.16.999.70492-2
– Xorg 7.7+1
– alsa-base 1.0.23
– pulseaudio 2.0.-3
– PCManFM 0.9.10-3
– GNOME-MPlayer 1.0.6-1
– MPlayer 2.0~git20120707
– Iceweasel 10.0.6esr-1
– Network-Manager 0.9.4.0-5
– VLC, Exaile, Avidemux, Audacity, OGMRip
– Icedove, Xchat, Transmission, gFTP, Pidgin, Liferea
– GPicView, Gimp, Shotwell, Camorama
– LibreOffice, Evince, Mousepad, nano
– Wine, PlayOnLinux, GNOME-Games, mc, etc.
Suggestions and bugs you can report at our forum (in Polish):
or at Sourceforge ticket’s system (in English):
ISO images can be downloaded from our download page.
– localization can’t be changed (64bit)
– if you can’t type your wifi password (dialog window will not show up) go to: Edit connections-> Wireless-> Edit-> Wireless security-> Password-> type your wifi password-> Save and click on your network name’s icon again (64bit)
– LXDE desktop can’t be changed for e17 (64bit Live mode only)