There is a tool available for Sparkers, which lets you make full system upgrade in a text mode via just one command: Sparky Upgrade.
The tool was introduced in Sparky APTus Upgrade 0.3.15.
The Sparky APTus Upgrade offers a GUI to make your system upgrade, but if you prefer a text based tool, the Sparky Upgrade should cover your needs.
How does it work?
1. It checks does the Debian and Sparky servers are online.
– if not, stops the process
– if yes, asks you for your password
2. It refreshes package list and inform you about updates.
– enter “y” (yes) to make the upgrade
– enter “n” (no) to stop it, that all.
Run the tool as a regular user:
See also the Wiki page: https://wiki.sparkylinux.org/doku.php/aptus_upgrade