April, April… and the April almost gone…
– rebuilt Calamares to disable LUKS in autopartitioning option
– Sparky builds based on upcoming Debian stable Stretch are set now, the live system uses Calamares instead of the old ‘live-installer’
– Budgie Desktop removed from Sparky repos – it is available from Debian repos now
– EFL libs updated up to version 1.19.0
– Sparky’s Linux kernel updated up to version 4.10.13
– new additions to Sparky repos: Trojita – Qt based IMAP email cleint
– Qt 5.7.0 doesn’t support GTK theming, so check how to fix it: qt-5-7-0-doesnt-support-gtk-theming/
– the latest ‘sparky-apt’ package provides configuration of Sparky’s repositories via https protocol now, for both upcoming 4.x ‘stable’ and existing ‘testing’ editions. Access to all Sparky services will be permanently set via https soon, so upgrade the ‘sparky-apt’ via the APT package manager or manually: https://sparkylinux.org/wiki/doku.php/repository.
– the Sparky Web Directory application has been changed to an other one. The new one is more flexible, features more useful options and is available in English and Polish. If you would like to promote your web site or blog, and support Sparky (two in one), simply add your web site to our Web Dir using a paid option
– the latest ‘sparky-aptus’ 0.3.9 provides a small fix of pt-pt and pt-br locale’s packages installation, thank’s to Daniel Campos Ramos.