There are new live/install iso images of SparkyLinux 5.6.1 “Nibiru” GameOver, Multimedia & Rescue available to download. Sparky 5 follows rolling release model and is based on Debian testing “Buster”.
GameOver Edition features a very large number of preinstalled games, useful tools and scripts. It’s targeted to gamers.
Multimedia Edition features a large set of tools for creating and editing graphics, audio, video and HTML pages.
The live system of Rescue Edition contains a large set of tools for scanning and fixing files, partitions and operating systems installed on hard drives.
– system updated from Debian testing repos as of January 2, 2019
– Linux kernel 4.20.0
– the Calamares installer 3.2.1
– added Sparky new repos configuration
– /etc/shadow has right owner and chmod in live session and after installing Sparky on a hard drive now
– added packages: xfce4-notifyd, xfce4-power-manager, sparky-fileopen
– thunar daemon is enabled as default
– many other small fixes
32 bit iso images are shipped with Linux kernel i686-pae.
System reinstallation is not required. If you have Sparky 5.x installed, simply install the latest version of ‘sparky-apt’ package, then make full system upgrade to be working in the latest version.
New iso images can be downloaded from download/rolling page.