New live/install iso images of special editions of SparkyLinux 5.3 “Nibiru”: GameOver, Multimedia & Rescue are out.
Sparky 5 follows the rolling release model and is based on Debian testing branch “Buster”.
All special editions use Openbox window manager as default.
GameOver Edition features a very large number of preinstalled games, useful tools and scripts. It’s targeted to gamers.
Multimedia Edition features a large set of tools for creating and editing graphics, audio, video and HTML pages.
The live system of Rescue Edition contains a large set of tools for scanning and fixing files, partitions and operating systems installed on hard drives.
Changes of all editions:
– full system upgrade from Debian testing repos as of March 22, 2018
– Linux kernel 4.15.4 (4.15.12-sparky is available in Sparky ‘unstable’ repo)
– Calamares 3.1.12
– added packages to support btrfs & xfs file systems
– added new tool for cleaning your system from old files and configs: bleachbit
– gdebi has been removed; local stored debs can be installed via APTus-> Install-> Install package
– many small fixes and improvements
– cleaning from old file’s configs
Changes in Sparky Advanced Installer:
– changed the first window info to let you quit and update the installer
– cut off efi and swap partitions from the partition list, after choosing them
– fixed locales configuration in gui mode
No system reinstallation is required, simply make full system upgrade:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
If any problem, run:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get install -f
New iso images of the rolling edition can be downloaded from download/rolling page.
– possible problem with unmounting the live system squashfs if running inside of a virtual machine – ignore, shot the live system down, remove the live media and run your machine normally.