Last Updated on: 3rd May 2021, 06:34 pm
There is a next point release of Sparky 5.15 “Nibiru” of the stable line ready to go. This release is based on Debian stable 10 “Buster”.
Changes between Sparky 5.14 and 5.15:
* system upgraded from Debian & Sparky stable repos as of May 2, 2021
* Linux kernel 4.19.181 (PC)
* Linux kernel 5.10.17-v7+ (ARMHF)
* Firefox 78.10.0esr
* Thunderbird 78.10.0
* VLC 3.0.12
* LibreOffice 6.1.5-3
* LXQt 0.14.1
* Xfce 4.12.5
* Openbox 3.6.1-8
* small improvements
* fonts Sans set to size 11
System reinstallation is not required; if you have Sparky 5.x installed, make full system upgrade:
sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
or via the System Upgrade tool.
Sparky 5 is available in the following flavours:
– amd64 & i686: LXQt, Xfce, MinimalGUI (Openbox) & MinimalCLI (text mode)
– armhf: Openbox & CLI (text mode)
New live/install media of the stable line can be downloaded from the download/stable page.