SparkyLinux 3.4 “Annagerman” MATE, Xfce and Base (Openbox) is out.
As usually new iso images of SparkyLinux provide a ton of updates, some changes and system improvements, such as:
– Linux kernel 3.14
– all packages upgraded from Debian testing repositories as of 2014/06/23
– MATE 1.8
– Openbox 3.5.2-6
– Xfce 4.10
– support for installation on machines with EFI
– systemd is the default init system now, see how to change sysvinit to systemd:
– menu of Openbox (Base Edition) has gotten a few extra scripts
– added new package: hardinfo
– teamviewer has been updated up to version 9
New applications in SparkyLinux repository:
– sparky-live-usb-creator – a tool for creating bootable live USB disks; it’s a GUI frontend for ‘dd’ command
– mintstick – a tool for formating USB disks and creating bootable live USB disks
– steam & steam-launcher 18.104.22.168
– skype 4.3
– seamonkey-2.26.1 – internet suite which consists a web browser SeaMonkey Navigator, an e-mail and news client program Mail & Newsgroups, an HTML editor Composer and an IRC client ChatZilla
– nightingale-1.12.1 – audio player and web browser based on the Songbird media player source code
We have made a couple of successful testing installations of Sparky in EFI mode in a virtual environment. We can’t promise that installation on a physical machine is fine. We never tried this, because we don’t have any “normal” machine with EFI.
New iso images can be used to make new, fresh Sparky installation.
You don’t have to reinstall your system if you have Sparky installed on your machine.
Just make full system upgrade and follow the enclosed upgrading guides.
Informacja o wydaniu w języku polskim: http://linuxiarze.pl/sparkylinux-3-4-mate-xfce-i-base