Last Updated on: 18th November 2016, 02:38 pm
I am happy to announce SparkyLinux 4.0 RC.
The new iso images provide the release candidate, before the final version of 4.0 will be out.
SparkyLinux 4.0 RC is available in two versions:
– LXDE – our flagship edition with lightweight LXDE desktop, full set of selected applications and functions
– Openbox – “Base” edition with ultra lightweight Openbox desktop, which gives a nice and solid base to build personalized desktop on the top of Debian testing.
The most important changes between Sparky 3.6 and 4.0 RC:
– massive numbers of updates from Debian testing and SparkyLinux repositories
– full system rebranding, see HowTo: sparky-rebranding
– new flat theme “Sparky4”
– new flat icon set “Ultra-Flat-Icons”
– wallpaper “Vortex” by LiquidSky64
– the look of all the system’s elements has been fully integrated
– many visual improvement
– Gnome-Alsamixer replaced by Pulse Audio Mixer (LXDE edition)
– XChat replaced by HexChat
– Wbar has been removed
– traditional look of the desktop with one bottom’s panel
– updated Boot-Repair (available in Live system only)
– updated Live-Installer
– the default’s Sparky iso building tool is Sparky Backup System now; it works in a text console or using Yad based GUI – available in our repos
– many small improvements
– many improvements and bugs fixing of Sparky apps
– all the Sparky apps moved to SourceForge git repos
Many of the changes and improvements have been made thanks to suggestions of our small but strong community.
The new RC iso images of SparkyLinux can be downloaded from our testing download page.