There are new live/install iso images of SparkyLinux 5.5 “Nibiru” GameOver, Multimedia & Rescue available to download. Sparky 5 follows rolling release model and is based on Debian testing “Buster”.
GameOver Edition features a very large number of preinstalled games, useful tools and scripts. It’s targeted to gamers.
Multimedia Edition features a large set of tools for creating and editing graphics, audio, video and HTML pages.
The live system of Rescue Edition contains a large set of tools for scanning and fixing files, partitions and operating systems installed on hard drives.
This is a quarterly update of Sparky of the rolling line which features changes such as:
– system updated from Debian testing repos as of September 24, 2018
– Linux kernel 4.18.6 (4.18.9 & 4.19-rc5 sparky are available at Sparky “unstable” repos)
– the Calamares installer updated up to version 3.2.1
– Thunar daemon is deactiveted in live session, due to problem of automounting new partitions created by Calamares
– removed packages: libpam-gnome-keyring, vim, systemd-ui
– added new packages: seahorse, rxvt-unicode
– the Calamares and Advanced Installer remove Cryptsetup packages now (Calamares removes the packages if the system is not installed on an encrypted disk/partition)
– small fixes
No system reinstallation is required, simply do full system upgrade:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
If any problem, run:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get install -f
New iso images can be downloaded from download/rolling page.