Special editions of Sparky 2020.02 “Po Tolo” of the (semi-)rolling line: GameOver, Multimedia & Rescue have been released. It is based on the testing branch of Debian “Bullseye”.
GameOver Edition features a very large number of preinstalled games, useful tools and scripts. It’s targeted to gamers.
Multimedia Edition features a large set of tools for creating and editing graphics, audio, video and HTML pages.
The live system of Rescue Edition contains a large set of tools for scanning and fixing files, partitions and operating systems installed on hard drives.
• system upgraded from Debian testing repos as of February 16, 2020
• Calamares 3.2.18 + kpmcore 3.3.0
• Firefox 73.0
• LibreOffice 6.4.1-rc1
• Linux kernel 5.4.13 as default (5.5.4 & 5.6-rc2 in Sparky unstable repos)
• GCC 10 compiler is installed, alongside to GCC 9 (default)
• vokoscreen replaced by vokoscreen-ng
• camorama replaced by cheese
• removed packages from Multimedia iso: composite, hydrogen, videocut, phatch
• added packages to Multimedia iso: MystiQ
• added the new Sparky public key
System reinstallation is not required, install the new Sparky public key as follows:
wget -O - https://repo.sparkylinux.org/sparky.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
and make full system upgrade.
New rolling iso images can be downloaded from the download/rolling page.