SparkyLinux 2.1 “Eris” Ultra Edition” has been released!
The system is built as all 2.x releases on Debian testing “Wheezy”.
All packages have been synchronized with Debian testing repositories of 23/01/2013.
It features customized ultra light and fast Openbox desktop.
– Fluxbox is out – I wasn’t happy with it so all my attention I put on Openbox
– standard Openbox exit option changed for Shutdown/Reboot/Log out
– added update-manager
– Polish repos mirror server changed for the Debian main one
– added a few new wallpapers
– added to menu:
— run application
— graphical, two panels file manager Tux Commander (as root as well) to have quick
access to system files
— added AppFinder – an app for quick access and launching applications
— changed standard panel configurator Tint2Conf for TintWizard
SparkyLinux 2.1 Ultra is available for 32 and 64 bit machines.
Live i386 version needs to be logging in:
64 bit version desktop starts automatically (autologin).
Root password is blank.
If you have to work as superuser, use “sudo” (with no password):
To set up Live system’s root password:
To install SparkyLinux on hard drive, run “SparkyLinux hard drive installer” icon (with GUI).
To run text mode installator, type:
Minimum hardware requirements for “Ultra Edition”:
– CPU i386 or x86_64
– RAM memory 256 MB
– SWAP partition 512 MB
– DVD drive or USB Flash Disk
– for hard drive installation 5GB of disk space (minimum) – 10GB recommended
If you downloading via BitTorrent, please seed – I have limited access to the network.
Many thanks for Albedo 0.64 for last minute consultations.
Informacja o wydaniu w języku polskim ->