There is a new tool available for Sparkers: XanMod Linux Kernel Installer
What is XanMod Linux Kernel?
XanMod is a general-purpose Linux kernel distribution with custom settings and new features. Built to provide a stable, responsive and smooth desktop experience.
The real-time version is recommended for critical runtime applications such as Linux gaming eSports, streaming, live productions and ultra-low latency enthusiasts.
Supports all recent 64-bit versions of Debian and Ubuntu-based systems.
– Preemptive Full Tickless Kernel at 500Hz w/ Tuned CPU Core Scheduler.
– RCU Boost for better responsiveness and lower overall system latency.
– Block Layer w/ multi-threaded runqueue for high I/O throughput.
– Caching, Virtual Memory Manager and CPUFreq Governor improvements.
– BBR TCP Congestion Control + FQ-PIE Packet Scheduling and AQM Algorithm [5.9][5.9-rt][5.8].
– ORC Unwinder for Kernel Stack Traces (debuginfo) implementation.
– Third-party patchset available: ZSTD kernel, initrd and modules support [5.9][5.9-rt]5.8], Full x86_64 FSGSBASE instructions [5.9][5.8], Clear Linux [partial], CK’s Hrtimer Patchset, Wine / Proton Fsync, PCIe ACS Override, Aufs [5.4] and GCC graysky’s.
– Real-time Linux kernel (PREEMPT_RT) build available [5.9-rt][5.4-rt].
– Generic kernel package for compatibility with most Debian & Ubuntu based distributions. Built on the latest GCC 10.2 and Binutils 2.35.
– GPLv2 license. Can be built for any distribution or purpose.
Installation (Sparky testing amd64 only):
sudo apt update
sudo apt install sparky-aptus
to upgrade APTus to the latest version, then launch APTus-> System-> XanMod Linux Installer icon.
Founder: Alexandre Frade
License: GNU GPL v2