Last Updated on: 18th November 2016, 09:09 pm
Brand new, two egged SparkyLinux 2.1 ‘GameOver’ is out.
It’s the second, special edition of SparkyLinux ‘GameOver” released for Easter 2013.
It has been directly built on SparkyLinux 2.1 ‘Eris’ and Debian testing ‘Wheezy’.
All packages have been synchronized with Debian testing repos of 24/03/2013.
I made a few big changes so new system features:
– Linux kernel 3.2 i386 for old PC’s
– Linux kernel 3.8-liquorix (option) i686-pae for modern PC’s designed for multimedia and gaming
– libc6 has been updated up to 2.17 from experimental repo
– customized LXDE desktop
– Iceweasel, VLC, Leafpad, Pidgin, Transmission, XChat and a few important apps
– Flash, Java, multimedia codecs, VLC plugin for Iceweasel
– Desura for Linux
– Steam for Linux has been updated up to the latest, stable version
– Wine 1.4.1 (1.5.22 available in repo)
– PlayOnLinux 4.2
– xz compression reducted iso image about 10%
– full system installation on USB stick
– bugs fixing and a few cosmetics changes
– the same set of games: 0ad, 3dchess, airstrike, aisleroit, alienblaster, amphetamine, antigravitaattori, armagetron, asciijump, asylum, atomix, balazar3, balazarbrothers, balder2d, barrage, battleball, berusky, billard-gl, biniax2, blobandconquer, bloboats, boswars, brutalchess, btanks, bygfoot, extreme tux racer, flightgear, foobillard, freecraft, freedroid, frozen-bubble, glchess, glines, gnect, gnibbles, gnobots2, gnome-hearts, gnome-sudoku, gnomine, gnotravex, gnotski, gnubik, gnugo, gsoko, gtali, gtkatlantic, gtkpool, gunroar, holdingnuts, lango, lightsoff, liquidwar, lincity, lordsawar, maelstorm, mahjongg, megaglest, mokomaze, monsterz, moon-buggy, moon-lander, netmaze, netpanzer, neverputt, open arena, pacman, performous, quadrapassel, scorched3d, slimevolley, snake4, snowballz, super tux, super tux kart, swell-foop, tennix, transcend, trigger-rally, trophy, warzone2100, wesnoth, xmoto, zaz.
This time Steam has been installed in ‘normal’ way, means there is the launcher and all dependencies installed only.
It needs to apply the agreement and download the client on first run.
SparkyLinux ‘GameOver’ is available as a large DVD media of 3.2 GB.
For hard drive installation you need minimum 15 – 20 GB of free space (30 GB recommended).
Full USB installation needs 32 GB Pen Drive.
CPU i386 minimum or newer.
Minimum, recommended RAM memory is 512MB – bigger, better.
SWAP partition 512 – 1024MB.
Live system’s user: live
Root password is blank.
Thanks go to:
– Kynes for new wallpaper
– Fragadelic for two kernels boot option’s help
Happy Easter and happy gaming from
Aneta & Paweł
Informacja o wydaniu w języku polskim -> https://linuxiarze.pl/sparkylinux-2-1-gameover/