The 7th monthly report of 2019 of the Sparky project:
• ChourS finished translating all Sparky tools to Russian; thank’s a lot!
• Linux kernel updated up to version 5.1.21 EOL & 5.2.5 & 5.3-rc2
• Sparky 4 “Tyche” transferred to ‘oldstable’ line
• Sparky 5 “Nibiru” transferred to ‘stable’ line
• the last live/install media of the 4 line (oldstable) – 4.11 released; Sparky 4 will be supported next 2 years about
• the first live/install media of the new stable 5 line – 5.8 released
• updated all Sparky rebranding packages of the next rolling line; you should get it as a regular update already
• new rolling iso images are on the way, stay tuned
A few years ago, Sparky was releasing as a Rolling edition only, with no additional changes at its repositories required; it used just Debian & Sparky ‘testing’ repos.
After added Sparky ‘stable’ line, the rolling/testing edition automatically becomes ‘stable’ when ready, so there is manual installation of ‘testing’ repos back required now. With this fact, make sure, Sparky Rolling is a Semi-Rolling edition now.