Last Updated on: 27th April 2022, 12:42 pm
There is a new application available for Sparkers: Shortwave
What is Shortwave?
Shortwave is an internet radio player that provides access to a station database with over 25,000 stations.
– Create your own library where you can add your favorite stations
– Easily search and discover new radio stations
– Automatic recognition of songs, with the possibility to save them individually
– Responsive application layout, compatible for small and large screens
– Play audio on supported network devices (e.g. Google Chromecasts)
– Seamless integration into the GNOME desktop environment
Installation (Sparky 6 amd64 & i686):
sudo apt update
sudo apt install shortwave
This is Shortwave version 1.1.1, the last one which reqiures GTK+3; The latest version 2.0.x requires GTK+4, which is not available in Debian Sid or testing repos yet.
License: GNU GPL-3.0