There is a new application available for Sparkers: g4music
What is g4music?
A fast, fluent, light weight music player written in GTK4, with a beautiful, adaptive user interface, so named G4Music. It is also focusing on high performance, for those people who has huge number of songs.
– Supports most music file types, samba and any other remote protocols (thanks to great GIO and GStreamer).
– Fast loading and parsing thousands of music files in very few seconds.
– Low memory usage for huge playlist with album covers, no thumbnail caches to store.
– Sorts by album/artist/title or shuffle, supports full-text searching.
– Supports embedded album art or external images as album cover, embedded can be exported.
– Gaussian blurred cover as window background, follows GNOME 42 light/dark mode.
– Supports drag-drop from GNOME Files, showing music in Files.
– Supports audio peaks visualizer.
– Supports gapless playback.
– Supports ReplayGain track mode.
– Supports pipewire audio sink.
– Supports MPRIS control.
– Only need less than 400KB to install it.
Installation (Sparky 7 amd64/i386 only):
sudo apt update
sudo apt install g4music
License: GNU GPL 3