Last Updated on: 28th March 2022, 03:51 pm
The 11th monthly report of 2018 of the Sparky project:
– Sparky’s Linux kernel updated up to version 4.19.5 & 4.20-rc4
– the ‘etcher-electron’ package changed its name to ‘balena-etcher-electron’; uninstall the old one and install the new one if you use the tool
– Advanced Installer fstab config has been improved and the old fashion /dev/sdX device numbers is replaced by UUIDs now
– Sparky Backup Core got configuration of all supported desktops and window managers so a new iso image displays your desktop name at the boot screen now
– APTus got a new small tool called quick-list which searches packages in the repository and displays info about them; thank’s to Elton
– the first Sparky Small Business Server development iso is out, but it is not usable yet, it is really development image
– I also started working on a new application, which was laying down in a dark corner very long time, called APTus AppCenter, which should replace sparky-aptus, sparky-aptus-extra, sparky-aptus-gamer, sparky-offiice, sparky-codecs, and a few other packages, and will integrate all the tools into one providing more useful tool for easy installation many popular applications.
The new tool is very simple and lightweight, as all Sparky tools, and uses Yad and HTML technology.
Any help is welcome to develop the new app, small tips are warm welcome too 🙂