A new desktop has been implemented to APTus AppCenter: Sway
What is Sway
Sway is a tiling Wayland compositor and a drop-in replacement for the i3 window manager for X11. It works with your existing i3 configuration and supports most of i3’s features, plus a few extras.
Installation (Sparky 7 only)
sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
then install Sway via APTus AppCenter-> Desktops-> Sway icon (recommended way).
It comes with basic configuration and a few tools, such as:
– Alacritty – a terminal emulator for Wayland
– bemenu – lets you launch an application; it can be started via left bottom icon or a shotcut: mod+d
– Swaylock – a desktop lock for Wayland
– Swayidle – an idle management daemon for Wayland
– Xbacklight – a simple utility to set the backlight level
– nmtui – a CLI network manager
– Xwayland – lets you launch some applications from X window server
– and a few small apps
It will be configured to Sparky Advanced Installer to let you install it from a Sparky Minimal ISO too.
Informacja w języku polskim: https://linuxiarze.pl/sway