Font Size » +AAA | -aaa
SparkyLinux is a GNU/Linux distribution created on the “testing” branch of Debian. It features customized lightweight desktops (like E19, LXDE and Openbox), multimedia plugins, selected sets of apps and own custom tools to ease different tasks.
– Debian testing based
– rolling release
– lightweight, fast & simple
– main edition – lightweight & fast LXDE desktop
– Enlightenment – lightweight and beautiful
– ultra light base edition with Openbox or JWM desktops
– special gaming edition: GameOver
– MATE Edition with GNOME 2 fork desktop
– Razor-Qt Edition with Qt based desktop
– CLI Edition (no X) for building own customized desktop
– most wireless and mobile network cards supported
– set of selected applications, multimedia codecs and plugins
– large set of own tools
– easy hard drive / USB installation
SparkyLinux iso images provide a snapshot of a current tree of Debian ‘testing’.
Sparky is in-between the distros that are beginner-friendly and those, that require some amount of Linux knowledge.