There is a new application available for Sparkers: eDEX-UI
What is eDEX-UI?
eDEX-UI is a fullscreen, cross-platform terminal emulator and system monitor that looks and feels like a sci-fi computer interface.
Heavily inspired from the TRON Legacy movie effects (especially the Board Room sequence), the eDEX-UI project was originally meant to be “DEX-UI with less « art » and more « distributable software »”. While keeping a futuristic look and feel, it strives to maintain a certain level of functionality and to be usable in real-life scenarios, with the larger goal of bringing science-fiction UXs to the mainstream.
– Fully featured terminal emulator with tabs, colors, mouse events, and support for curses and curses-like applications.
– Real-time system (CPU, RAM, swap, processes) and network (GeoIP, active connections, transfer rates) monitoring.
– Full support for touch-enabled displays, including an on-screen keyboard.
– Directory viewer that follows the CWD (current working directory) of the terminal.
– Advanced customization using themes, on-screen keyboard layouts, CSS injections. See the wiki for more info.
– Optional sound effects made by a talented sound designer for maximum hollywood hacking vibe.
Build on i386 arch failed, so the package can be installed on amd64 and ARMHF Debian/Sparky stable & testing.
sudo apt update
sudo apt install edex-ui
Copyright Gaby ‘GitSquared’
License: GNU GPL 3