There is a new tool available for Sparkers: CudaText
What is CudaText?
CudaText is a free, open-source, cross-platform (runs on Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS or FreeBSD) code editor written in Lazarus. It evolved from the previous editor named SynWrite which is no longer developed. It is extensible by Python add-ons (plugins, linters, code tree parsers, external tools). Syntax parser is feature-rich, based on EControl engine (though not as fast as in some competitors).
– Syntax highlight for lot of languages (230+ lexers).
– Code tree: structure of functions/classes/etc, if lexer allows it.
– Code folding.
– Multi-carets and multi-selections.
– Find/Replace with regular expressions.
– Configs in JSON format. Including lexer-specific configs.
– Tabbed UI.
– Split view to primary/secondary. Split window to 2/3/4/6 groups of tabs.
– Command palette, with fuzzy matching.
– Minimap. Micromap.
– Show unprinted whitespace.
– Support for many encodings.
– Customizable hotkeys.
– Binary/Hex viewer for files of unlimited size (can show 10 Gb logs).
– Correctly saves binary files.
Features for HTML/CSS coding:
– Smart auto-completion for HTML, CSS.
– HTML tags completion with Tab-key (Snippets plugin).
– HTML color codes (#rgb, #rrggbb) underline.
– Show pictures inside editor area (jpeg/png/gif/bmp/ico).
– Show tooltip when mouse moves over picture tag, entity, color value.
Installation on Debian “Buster”/”Bullseye” / Sparky 5/6 64 bit:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install cudatext
or via APTus-> Office.
The project page : uvviewsoft.com/cudatext/
The project developers: Alexey Torgashin, Andrey Kvichanskiy
License: MPL 2.0