Sparky APTus is a small, simply and lightweight front-end for “apt-get” and “dpkg” tools.
It can be used for upgrading, installing, removing packages and cleaning up the system.
The application can do:
– Update – update package list
– Upgrade – safely system upgrading
– Dist_Upgrade – full system upgrading – recommended way to keep Sparky up to date
– Quick_Install – install a package/packages from the repository
– Quick_Install_DEB – install “.deb” package from a local disk with all the dependencies
– Language – install missing language packages
– Quick_Remove – remove selected package/packages from the system with all the dependencies
– Old_Kernel_Remove – this will remove old, non-active system kernel (if any)
– NonFree_Remove – this will remove Non-Free and Restricted packages from the system (if any)
– Fix_Broken_DPKG – Check by DPKG broken packages not installed/upgraded correctly
– Fix_Broken_APT – Check by APT broken packages not installed/upgraded correctly
– Autoremove – unnecessary packages removing
– Autoclean – old versions of “.deb” packages removing
– Clean – all downloaded “.deb” packages removing.
– Edit main (Debian testing) repository
– Edit other repositories
It can be installed from our repository.
For Debian and Ubuntu based distributions check: sparky-aptus-on-debian-and-ubuntu
Back to -> FAQ main page