Back to -> Screenshots main page
Sparky source code git repository has been moved to GitHub platform.
Committing and changing should be easier now, so if you would like to change/help something in coding, simply join our small team:
Translators could upload their locale changes directly to the new repos.
The old git repository on SourceForge is still active, but no more updates any more.
The Calligra suite 2.9.7 is available for Sparkers now.
Calligra Suite is a graphic art and office suite by KDE split from KOffice in 2010. It is available for desktop PCs, tablet computers, and smartphones. It contains applications for word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, databases, vector graphics, and digital painting.
Calligra uses the OpenDocument format as its default file format for most applications and can import other formats, such as Microsoft Office formats. Calligra relies on KDE technology and is often used in combination with KDE Plasma Workspaces.
Calligra provides tools such as:
– Author – an e-book authoring application like iBooks Author with EPUB export, newly introduced with Calligra Suite 2.6.
– Braindump – a notetaking and mindmapping application newly introduced with Calligra Suite 2.4.
– Flow – a programmable flowchart drawing program with dynamically loadable stencils. Formerly known as Kivio.
– Karbon – a vector graphics editor, formerly known as Karbon14.
– Kexi – a visual database management front-end, similar to Microsoft Access and with limited compatibility to Access’ file format.
– Krita – a digital painting program with some image editing features. Formerly known as Krayon and KImageshop.
– Plan – a project management application that can create Gantt charts. Formerly known as KPlato.
– Sheets – a spreadsheet program, formerly known as KSpread and Calligra Tables.
– Stage – a presentation program, formerly known as KPresenter.
– Words – a word processor with the ability to import Microsoft Word documents.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install calligra
or via “Sparky Office” 0.1.12 tool.
Locales packages are also available to install.
A few lines should let you know what is going on inside Sparky.
If everything goes fine, new live/install iso images of Sparky 4.4 should be ready on the end of the next week.
The ‘Calameres’ installer is available in our repository, but is not configured to install the system on UEFI machines yet.
An issue in the ‘live-installer’ has been fixed so it is still our default installer, as well as the Advanced Installer is provided as a backup to the main one.
The ‘Advanced Installer’ used on Sparky MinimalGUI or MinimalCLI iso image lets you install one of the 22 desktop environments/window managers now (awesome, bspwm, Budgie, Cinnamon, Enlightenment, Fluxbox, GNOME Flashback, GNOME Shell, i3, IceWM, JWM, KDE Plasma 5, Lumina, LXDE, LXQt, MATE, Openbox, Pantheon, PekWM, Trinity, Window Maker, Xfce) and one of a web browser (Chromium, Dillo, Epiphany, Firefox, Konqueror, Midori, NetSurf, QupZilla, SeaMonkey, TOR Browser, Vivaldi).
Vivaldi web browser has been added to Sparky repos (can be installed via APT, Synaptic or Sparky APTus Extra).
A lightweight NetSurf web browser has been moved from Debian Sid repos to ours.
BlueGriffon – a WYSIWYG content editor for the World Wide Web has been upgraded up to the latest version 2.2.1.
The latest stable version of Firefox landed in Sparky repos.
The ‘sparky-backup-core’ package has been split into two packages: ‘sparky-backup-core’ and ‘sparky-backup-desktop’. It lets the Advanced Installer upgrade desktops number and settings (itself) to be installed via the Minimal iso image.
Sparky Office tool lets you install an Office suite and a PDF (and other documents) viewer now.
Sparky Wiki has been improved, adding new pages.
Feel free to ask a question or leave your feedback on our forums, or just send out donation to keep Sparky alive.