1) I downloaded sparkylinux 3.3 64bit mate edition and put it on usb.
2) I booted off of usb to sparkylinux desktop. All looks good.
3) I started the installer and jumped through the hoops.
4) After the install, I rebooted and nothing. Black screen.
5) I restarted computer and began at step 3
6) Still goes to black screen and no joy.
7) I use a separate partition for /home. It's gone. Borked totally!
Now, I am installing Mint. My go to distro and best distro of all.
I have been using Linux for around 15 years and never had anything
like this happen to me. I have installed Linux probably close to 100 times
and never had any problems with an install. This is ridiculous.
I joined this forum just to make this post. You'll probably delete this post
because I will never come back.
Well, never say never. I'm back. I found this post and I honestly don't remember writing it. I was stupid.
I have just installed Sparky Linux 4.3 LXDE and it's rockin'!