New Sparky 3.2.1 with Xfce desktop showed up in our family!
SparkyLinux 3.2.1 Xfce is based on the last release 3.2 “Annagerman” and it’s fully compatible with Debian testing “Jessie”.
Sparky Xfce has gotten a few new features, which will be added to the next Sparky release.
So what is under the hood?
– Linux kernel 3.12
– all packages upgraded from Debian testing repositories as of 2014/01/29
– Xfce 4.10
– the same set of tools and applications which can be found in all Sparky spins
– added ‘boot-repair’ tool
– added ‘plymouth’ + Sparky theme
– download manager uGet has been upgraded from Debiana “Sid” repository; it uses ‘aria2′ for downloading files as default
– Iceweasel has been synchronised with uGet via FlashGot addon – downloading big files never been so easy
– added microblogging client Hotot
– Whisker Menu is preinstalled but not active – I am a traditional man, so the traditional Xfce menu is what I need. Anyway, the Whisker Menu can be found in the panel’s applet box.
Sparky Xfce iso images have been compressed using ‘xz’ compression. It is 300 MB about smaller then normal. Live system can be loaded a few seconds longer so I need your feedback:
Does stronger compression make any different of Live system work/speed?
Wine has been upgraded up to version 1.6 but disappeared from the application menu.
Use PlayOnLinux if you’d like to install ‘.exe’ applications.
Informacja o wydaniu w języku polskim -> http://linuxiarze.pl/sparkylinux-3-2-1-xfce/