SparkyLinux 3.0 RC is out
Font Size » +AAA | -aaa
SparkyLinux 3.0 RC “Annagerman” is out.
Sparky 3.x is built on the “testing” branch of Debian GNU/Linux “Jessie”.
The release candidate of Sparky 3 provides a few more changes and system improvement, such as:
1. All packages have been synchronized with Debian testing repos as of 2013/07/06.
2. Linux kernel 3.9-1
3. SparkyBackup-System has additional support for JWM desktop.
4. SparkyBackup-Apss Copy & Recovery has been enhanced and supports 15 apps now: Chromium, Claws-mail, Filezilla, gFTP, Iceape/SeaMonkey, Icedove, Iceweasel/Firefox, Kadu, Licq, Liferea, Opera, Pidgin, QupZilla, Tomboy and XChat.
5. Added new application: “sparky-screenshot” – it’s a simple GUI for “scrot” and it’s preinstalled with Sparky Openbox, JWM and Razor-Qt desktops.
6. Added new application: “sparky-gexec” – this package will install “gexec” and will add the entry to the system menu. Sparky-gExec replaced “gmrun” and it’s preinstalled with Sparky Openbox, JWM and Razor-Qt desktops.
7. “sparky-jwm-exit” provides “yad” based logout, reboot and poweroff dialog window for JWM desktop.
8. QupZilla web browser replaced Chromium at Ultra Edition.
9. Razor-Qt is a new deskop in Sparky family. Razor-Qt is based on Qt freamwork but the Sparky Razor-Qt Edition does not feature any KDE SC applications. It means that SparkyLinux Razor-Qt is as light and fast as the rest of the Sparky editions.
I used Qt based applications everywhere I could.
SparkyLinux Razor-Qt features tools and applications, such as:
– Openbox window manager
– PCManFM file manager (PCManFM-Qt is still too fresh)
– QupZilla web browser
– Claws-mail email & RSS client
– Qmmp audio player (+ extra skins)
– SMPlayer2 (front-end for MPlayer2)
– VLC multimedia player + vlc-mozilla-plugin for web browsers
– Juffed text editor
– Hotot – Twitter client
– Quassel IRC client
– Fatrat file transfer client (http, ftp, bittirrent, etc.)
– Licq IM client (MSN, Jabber, AIM, ICQ)
– Qpdfview PDF viewer
10. “gnome-bluetooth” package has been removed – the packege upgrading used to download a lot of extra libs and apps. There is “blueman” preinstaled already for bluetooth managing.
Please test it before the final version will be released and report whatever you find.
Grab the new LXDE/e17, Ultra (Openbox/JWM), MATE, Razor-Qt or Core iso image from our download page.
Thanks go to simarcik for his keyboard (mine is going to burn itself).
Informacja o wydaniu w języku polskim -> http://linuxiarze.pl/sparkylinux-3-0-rc